Advanced Athletic Printing Process
Custom team uniform sublimation, the newest, most technologically advanced athletic printing process, is the ultimate performance decoration method. Your decoration adds no weight, it stretches with the fabric, and it never peels or fades. Sublimation also offers unlimited decoration capabilities without raising costs. What does this mean to you? It means that your team can build a jersey with eight colors and 10 design locations without spending an extra cent on the garment!
How the Uniform Sublimation Process Works
With sublimation, the color of the fabric and the graphics are applied at the same time. In essence, we’re taking a piece of white fabric and dyeing all the color into it. The lettering, graphics and trims on the uniform are practically unlimited, and because they are applied simultaneously, the colors match exactly.
At Cisco Athletic, we use state-of-the-art sublimation printers, presses and cutters to make sure that your finished product is the absolute highest quality possible in this day and age. The process works in stages:
- Our sublimation artists apply the customer’s design to our templates. Every piece of the jersey gets that portion of the design needed so that when the garment is sewn together, the overall desired design appears correctly.
- The template pieces are printed onto special sublimation paper.
- We run the printed paper through a special heated roller press that sharply transfers the images from the paper to our fabric.
- We cut the pieces from the fabric and sew them together to create the final product.
Sublimation is an extremely difficult process to master, and most companies don’t know how to do it properly. Cisco has the experience to achieve the sharpest prints and deepest colors — other companies cannot achieve anywhere near the same results.
The Pros and Cons of Sublimation
- Unlimited graphics
- Perfect color match
- More expensive than screen printing
- “Non-traditional” feel